The Cookbook

Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Notes

I made the "Chicken Jubilee" recipe that I just posted last week. As you can tell from the date, I've had it for years, but I don't remember making it. I'm sure I have eaten it at Sue's house for dinner at some point and time and asked for the recipe. It was very good!

Ron had been gone all day and came home from a work day at the lease in East Texas. I thought I was making a small casserole (8x8) and realized once I started making it it would be a 9x13 casserole dish (read the whole recipe BEFORE you start). When Ron got home I found out he and Tim had stopped at Mazzio's Pizza in Beaumont, (one of our favorites from when we lived in Kilgore) I should have known. Boy, I thought, I'm going to have to eat this whole thing by myself and I wasn't even sure he would like it if he hadn't eaten. Well, being the wonderful husband he is, he couldn't let me try this new recipe alone and he REALLY liked it.

We flew to Dallas on Sunday for a (Cox/Malone) family 50th anniversary celebration in Oklahoma and came back yesterday. Got back to Hobby at noon and decided instead of eating out we would come home and eat our leftover casserole. It was still as good as we remembered.

A few things I'll change next time: to only use 1 ½ cups of rice and two full cans of cream of mushroom soup (or maybe add a little milk), but that is just me. I didn't have fresh mushrooms so I used a 6 oz. jar I had and drained them. Next time I'll leave the juice. But the sour cream is what gives it a different flavor. Hope you all are enjoying my efforts because I'm really enjoying sharing with you all. Let me hear from you! God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment